These days, a lot of people engage themselves in playing poker games online. But, a very few of them are actually driven by a real reason to play poker games. Yes, most of them play just for fun, without adding any purpose to their poker playing activity. Now, if you do not have any intention of improving your game play or to becoming a successful poker player, it is okay to not have a reason for it. But, if you really want to become a lasting and successful poker player then it is necessary to ask yourself a question before you start playing poker games, and it is – where he or she is going to play poker games?
Want to learn how to play poker texas holdem poker? visit wsop.com – world’s biggest poker portal
Basically, there are four options available in this case. They are:
1) Online poker websites
2) Land based poker rooms or casinos
3) Home games that can be played with family & friends
4) Fund-raising or charity tournaments
You can also go for Making a Website Mobile Friendly as that is highly in demand while playing poker games.
There are some positive and negative aspects associated with each of the above mentioned venues. So, one venue turns out to be good for you, while the other may not. Therefore, it completely depends upon choice which one to go for.
Through this article, we will let you know about all the four venues to play poker, and also discuss about the aspects of each. It is important to understand that in this article we will speak in general terms keeping in mind the whole scenario. However, you should realize that geography plays a crucial role in the selection of venue. Moreover, laws related to gambling vary from one country to another. Therefore, it is better to do some research before taking the final decision.
There is no doubt that the popularity of poker games has skyrocketed with the progression of online casinos. This can be understood from the fact that the Federal government has set limits on the freedom of American players to transfer funds to and from the online poker sites. Now, that is something you should see as a restriction for poker players. Though it is not possible to discuss about the legalities of poker sites in this article, but we would certainly recommend you to carry out a bit of research before you go for online poker games.
Positive Aspects of Online Poker:
– The most obvious benefit of playing poker online is the freedom to play right from the comfort of your home. You can participate in the games without leaving your home. There are number of poker sites available in the web world, such as Party Poker, Full-Tilt Poker, Poker Stars, Ultimate Bet, Bodog Poker, and many more. Most of the online poker rooms are kept open 24 x 7. So, there is no problems related to accessibility.
– When it comes to online poker, there are plenty of options to choose from. Yes, online poker world has to offer wide array of games that rules out the possibility of getting bored from playing any single game. Omaha poker, Stud poker, Razz poker, Texas Hold’em poker, and HORSE poker are some of the poker variants.
– Flexibility is one more positive aspect of online poker games. You can bet with any amount when it comes to online poker games. So, if you are not so confident about your poker skills, simply bet with a small amount.
– Since online poker sites offer games 24×7, therefore it allows you the opportunity to improve your game play by taking part in more number of hands in a short period of time. In fact, experienced players prefer playing multiple games simultaneously.
Negative Aspects of Online Poker:
– Owing to 24×7 and easy accessibility, one can easily become addicted to online poker games. And, there is no doubt that online poker addiction can become quite dangerous. It can severely affect the personal, professional, and financial aspect of your life. It can bring emotional problems and can ruin your career as well.
– It is quite common to come across cases related to cheating or fraud in the world of online poker. This is the reason why online poker sites implement various methods by using sophisticated software to keep cheaters at bay. Poker sites always keep an eye on every customer’s financial account to figure out the irregularities, if any. But, that does not rule out the possibility of cheatings in the online poker world. Each and every year, media comes up with reports related to scam in the arena of poker sites. It has often been seen that two or more player team up to carry out deceitful activities. They use telephone communications to make it happen.
– Since online poker is offered throughout the day and night, therefore the novices or less skilled players will possibly lose more money than if he/she played elsewhere.
Land Based or Casino Poker
In this section, we will consider full time casinos that you are likely to come across in Atlantic City or Las Vegas. We will also talk about local poker rooms which are usually known as Horse Racetracks or Pari-Mutual facilities. Though the scale on which games are offered at different poker rooms may vary, but the basic concept remains the same. All of them provide the poker tables, dealers, chips, and pit bosses to administer play. Most of them offer a comfortable environment for the players to take pleasure in. In return they will charge you a fee (usually on hourly basis) or rake the pots.
Many Australians and players like you are looking to play Platinum Play Australian casino games, and most of them wind up coming to one of the Internet’s best places for no deposit online casino’s. Having been around since 2004, they’ve had enough time to get tons of feedback from their players and have adapted to make their no deposit online casino nearly perfect!
Positive Aspects of Casino Poker:
– Land based casinos or poker rooms usually offer the players a comfortable environment to enjoy poker games. Once you become their regular player by playing more games or betting with more money, they will start treating you well, which means more facility.
– When the poker games are organized by professionals, it certainly instill a sense of trust or confidence in the player, believing that a fair game play will be make sure of. Moreover, drink and other such stuffs are served to make the players comfortable.
– Brick and mortar casinos or poker rooms are usually placed within a community, making it convenient for the players to visit. And, most of them remain open for 12 hours or more. So, it makes it easier for the players to plan for the action in a short period of time. Moreover, plenty of options are offered by the casinos.
Negative aspects of Casino Poker
– Playing poker games at land based casinos can turn out to be quite expensive. Casinos have considerable expenses, which compels them to get back the expenditures through a ‘rake’. You may find some casinos that charge fees on hourly basis, say $10 to $12 per hour for a seat. On the other hand, some casinos may take a chunk or percentage of each pot. Most of the casinos take a rake of around 10 to 20 percent of the total amount generated through tournament entry fees. Moreover, it becomes a part of the etiquette to tip the servers and dealers for the service. So, it again adds to the expense of playing poker at casinos.
– Brick and mortar poker rooms incorporate different types of players, particularly the regular ones, who have gained ample experience. So, in case you are a beginner then it might be possible that the regulars would team up to overpower you during the game.
Home Poker Games
Since not many types of equipment are needed to play poker games, therefore it provides an easy option to the people to organize home poker games which can be played between families and friends. This is the reason why a lot of families in America enjoy poker games at every night. You can simply start the game at the dining table or kitchen table and ultimately include a real poker table accompanied with padded rails and drink holders. Apart from poker table, you will also need poker chips of various denominations. Finally, you need to purchase two decks of cards made from plastic, which usually cost around $15 per set up. So, all you need to do is arrange few items.
Positive aspects of Home Poker Games
– The foremost advantage of home poker is it allows you the freedom to choose the players you want to play with. Generally, three or four hardcore players of poker games will decide to begin a home poker game and they will send invitation to their family and friends to play. So, there is no point of coming across characters you do not like, which certainly means better environment for playing poker games.
– Home poker games also provide you the opportunity to find new people and establish new relationships through social gathering. So, you get to know people from different backgrounds, such as accountant, lawyer, contractor, etc.
– Home poker games also provide excellent chances to husbands and wives, sons, and other family members to share some great time while playing poker.
– Usually, a little amount of ‘rake’ is taken from a home poker game. So, it means that the money goes nowhere and stays where it belongs!
Negative Aspects of Home Poker Games
– Though organizing poker games at home may seem an easy task at first, but in reality it is quite challenging. If you are the organizer, be ready to make calls, arrange a place to park, offer drinks and snacks, and cleanup afterwards as well.
– It may be possible that organizing home poker games would be considered as illegal. Betting might be considered as against the law. For this reason, you must research well before you start.
– Sometimes it can happen that some kind of disagreement might break out during the game among the players. And, such cases usually end up hurting the feelings of your closed ones. Therefore, it is essential to handle every situation during the game very carefully.
Charity or Fund Raising Poker Games
Owing to the negative effects of economic recession, a lot of popular charitable organizations are coming up for organizing poker tournaments, with the motive to generate some funds. In fact, some private schools are also taking part in this kind of charitable events to generate funds for their scholarship. No doubt, poker games have provided a good option to generate funds in no time.
Positive Aspects of Charity or Fund Raising Poker Games
– Fund raising or charitable poker event is an excellent way to bring people closer. It also brings closer a large number of poker players, where anyone can interact with each other.
– Since charitable poker events are about generating funds and less about competing, therefore one can certainly expect the players that turn up to these games are not so skilled. So, it provides a good opportunity to the skilled players to make some good money without taking too much of trouble. Moreover, the entry fees associated with this kind of poker events are usually kept low.
Negative Aspects of Charity or Fund raising Poker Games
– Lack of skilled management is considered as the main drawback of these types of poker events. So, it is not a favorable place for serious players who like everything to run in a smooth way. Etiquette and violation of the rules are quite common at fund raising events.
– Charitable poker events usually take away a big chunk of the pot amount that is the ‘rake’. It usually remains around 25 to 40 percent.
– It has often been seen that most of the fund raising events are organized in a region where gambling is considered as illegal. Therefore, if you do not want to get into trouble, make sure gambling is a legal stuff in the region.
Playing poker games is definitely a fun thing to do. However, it can also help you win good money if you take it seriously. So, pay attention to the important things, and keep playing. In this way, you will surely become a successful player.
Bottom line, you can now see why the mobile casino is a favorite online entertainment spot. Not only are our players able to win good money, but they offer tons of opportunities for our affiliates to earn money.